A veteran move in golf is to consider the golf bag as your friend. The more careful you are in choosing your friends; more are the chances of finding one that will be loyal.
A good golf bag allows you to carry all your equipment around the golf course with ease. Many golfers make mistakes about the things that they carry in their bags, while many make the wrong choice of the bag itself. Your scores on the scorecard will improve only if all equipment is kept safe and clean, and that’s why a good golf bag becomes the priority in any player’s list.
Some parameters that help you decide on a travel bag are related to its usability and functionality. Some golfer’s like to walk on the golf course, while some like to ride. Then many want to keep the bare minimum equipment with them, while some carry extra luggage too. While selecting a golf bag, you need to analyze your needs and choose the right bag for your game. Our review of the five best golf travel bags will help you do just that!
Table of Contents
- 1 Unique Specifications
- 2 Why Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Golf Travel Bag is One of the Best Travel Bags?
- 3 Let’s Review and Compare
- 4 Unique Specifications
- 5 Why CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Cover is One of the Best Travel Bags?
- 6 Let’s Review and Compare
- 7 Unique Specifications
- 8 Why Golf Travel Bags Caravan 3.0 is One of the Best Golf Travel Bags?
- 9 Let’s Review and Compare
- 10 Unique Specifications
- 11 Why AmazonBasics Soft-sided Golf Travel Bag ia One of the Best Travel Bags?
- 12 Let’s Review and Compare
- 13 Unique Specifications
- 14 Why the Club Glove Last Bag is One of the Best Golf Bags?
- 15 Let’s Review and Compare
A golf bag’s use is not restricted to golf courses. Golfers need to carry them around airports, lounges and in their homes before or after their game. While many club makers are reducing the weights of their clubs to increase their workability, the sensitive nature of the equipment calls for a sturdy bag which not only can be carried but also rested on the ground without disturbing the accessories inside. The integrated leg set of the Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian fulfills this purpose, as our review shows.
- Extended leg mechanism
- Heavy duty
- Retractable legs
Why Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Golf Travel Bag is One of the Best Travel Bags?
The front wheels of the bag are pivoted for easy maneuvering around the golf course. Senior players who struggle with arm fatigue can benefit from this feature.
The bottom back of the bag contains a hard plastic tray into which the legs are designed to retract when not in use. The bag material is made of sturdy nylon, and the two wheels at the base allow it to be rolled around even without extending the legs. The multi-functionality of the bag is an excellent help for those golfers who carry their bags for long distances or those who visit multiple golf courses.
The bag is surrounded by a layer of thin padding to protect the equipment inside. The top of the bag has an extra layer of foam padding to ensure the safety of the clubheads.
Accessories Holding Area
The bag contains a covered slot with a button to keep all the important contact cards in place with two internal straps that hold your bags tight while travelling. Three handle positions can be zipped together to lift the bag out of vehicles or cart riders.
Let’s Review and Compare
- The Sun Mountain is the best bag in terms of usability due to its retractable legs.
- While the bag contains good padding across its dimensions, it does not have a stiff arm insert to protect the clubs while travelling.
- The availability of the bag in various sizes – Journey, Cascade, and Pro, ensure that the number of accessories wouldn’t be an issue if you go for the brand.
- The bag doesn’t contain additional clip holders or carabiners where you can attach other luggage. This feature is useful as the weight of the other bags can be offloaded and all of these can be wheeled together while travelling.
- Professional players usually prefer the bag as it comes with a higher price tag.
Are you one of the rare travellers who like to hop around golf courses once in a while? Do you like playing mostly in your local course due to a limited budget? If yes, then the CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Cover is the best bag for you. Even though the bag falls in the middle budget category, its design and material are strong enough to withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Two rubber handles
- In-line skate wheels
- Nylon Construction
Why CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Cover is One of the Best Travel Bags?
The CaddyDaddy is designed to be held firm due to the expensive equipment in it. It has two rubber handles that allow two people to carry it comfortably. Along with it, the 1800D nylon construction adds durability to the bag.
The bag has been designed with sturdy in-skate wheels which lets you roll the bag with perfect ease and comfort. Apart from the wheels, it also has four handles – one at the top, two in the middle, and one at the bottom, to help you carry it in different ways.
With its numerous different pockets and lockable zippers, you can be assured that all your accessories will be safe to carry around. The heavy-duty curb rails increase the overall durability of the bag. Apart from the main pocket, it also has two over-sized pockets that can easily hold extra belongings, like shoes and clothes.
Let’s Review and Compare
- CaddyDaddy lacks the retractable legs feature available in the Sun Mountain. Many golfers experience that the bag cannot stand on its own after filling it up.
- The bag has heavy top padding (around 3-4 inches) compared to the foam padding of SunMountain.
- It has compression straps that keep the clubs secure. This is another feature that is missing in many bags.<.li>
- Financially speaking, the bag is the best fit for amateur golfers who mostly prefer local golf courses and do not travel around a lot for their game.
- The bag lacks interior straps to secure the clubs in place, a feature that is available in most of the other bags available in the market.
- Senior golfers may find 2-wheel bags like CaddyDaddy challenging to carry around. Most of them will now prefer the Sun Mountain or other six-wheel bags trending in the market.
Golf travel bags need exceptional sturdiness due to the expensive metallic equipment kept inside. Traveling with your accessories can be worrisome, especially when you are going for a tour overseas. Golf Travel Bags Caravan 3.0 has upped its ante by providing excellent features that help golfers to play with ease and travel with peace.
- 600 denier polyester
- Protective PVC Bottom
Why Golf Travel Bags Caravan 3.0 is One of the Best Golf Travel Bags?
The bag is made of 600 denier polyester material, which is one of the choicest materials used by bag manufacturers today. As a heavy-duty fabric, its durability benefits the users who need sturdy bags for camping, traveling, or storing bulky items. Due to its thickness, golfers can carry their equipment safely. Its abrasion resistance keeps the material clean and attractive.
Transport & Accessories
You can use the deep recessed two exterior pockets for storing your small accessories. Included with the bag is an interior tie-down strap that secures your items in place. Its deluxe rocket-blade wheel system allows you to maneuver it easily around the golf course.
Let’s Review and Compare
- The bag offers extra security straps for added protection.
- While the bag is sturdy, the Sun Mountain ClubGlider is more durable and robust due to its nylon design.
- Sun Mountain’s retractable legs offer more advantages and benefits compared to the deluxe wheels of the Caravan 3.0.
- Caravan 3.0 wins over safety and security of the equipment due to its interior straps that are absent in CaddyDaddy.
- The availability of the bag in five different colors, along with its accented and the colored zipper, makes it an attractive bag.
For many golfers, a golf bag is not just a case for carrying golf accessories, but a travel bag. That’s one reason why brands are using the term ‘golf travel bag.’ With the travel aspect, manufacturers are putting more and more investment into material that will keep the bags and its contents safe and sound. Our review shows that AmazonBasics Soft-sided Golf Travel Bag is one such bag.
- Waterproof black canvas material
- Reinforced stress points
- Collapsible structure
Why AmazonBasics Soft-sided Golf Travel Bag ia One of the Best Travel Bags?
Black Canvas Material
Canvas bags are known for their durability and water-resistance. As the material is less expensive than the nylon material, the AmazonBasics bag is considered among budget-friendly bags. Also, golfers can easily collapse and store away the bag after their game.
On the golf course, the bag can be kept upright due to the reinforced stress points at the base of the bag. The bag material is sturdy enough for you to remove and keep a club in the bag without disturbing its posture.
Transportation & Accessories
The bag has heavy padding on the top for protection, and has heavy-duty external curbs to secure the clubs, and has strong handles for easy transportation. It also possesses smooth, skate-style, in-line wheels that facilitate easy and stress-free rolling. Apart from the main compartment, its external compartment also is spacious enough to include clothing, shoes, towels, and other accessories.
Let’s Review and Compare
- Like the CaddyDaddy Conscriptor 2, AmazonBasics also doesn’t have the interior straps to secure the clubs and bag.
- While the bag is sturdy, many pro-golfers would not recommend it for long-distance or heavy travel.
- The bag doesn’t have a shoulder strap like other bags but has adequate grab handles to avoiding lugging it on your shoulders.
- The affordability of the bag makes it attractive to new golfers.
- Compared to Golf Travel Bags Caravan 3.0, which is available five colors, AmazonBasics is just available in black and gray, thus giving lesser options in the style category.
Now we have a bag used by PGA and Champion tour professionals. The Club Glove Last Bag “lasts,” in a sense, can withstand the rigors of long-distance travels due to its design and manufacturing material. As our review shows, high quality material has been used to make the bag strong and ready for exhaustive travel.
- Cordura material
- High-impact plastic wheelbase
Why the Club Glove Last Bag is One of the Best Golf Bags?
The bag is made of highly-durable Invista Cordura 1000D material. The material is itself made of high tensile strength fibers that can withstand the rigors of long term wear and tear. Apart from being stain and water-resistant, it is also known for being tough and sturdy – the kind of material travel bags need.
The bag contains one interior strap to secure the clubs, and three buckled straps on the outer side to provide support while carrying. To assist in lifting and moving the bag, the middle portion contains three handles that snap together. All the handles and grips are made of sturdy material that adds to the overall strength of the bag. The reinforcing handles are made from 1600D ballistic nylon. Two external show pockets mean more space for other personal belongings.
Let’s Review and Compare
- The club glove is the best bag in our list in terms of durability and strength. The Cordera material is more tensile than nylon and canvas and is used for travel bags and backpacks used for heavy travel.
- The bag is available in 16 different colors and can be customized, beating most of the branded bags in the market.
- Club glove belongs to the higher budget section due to the quality of features that it provides.
- For added rigidity, the bag also provides the Club Glove Stiff Arm that keeps the equipment from collapsing – a welcome feature not available in many golf bags.
Golf can be a mentally stressful game. On the golf course, the least of your worries should be your expensive clubs getting damaged, or your bag getting torn. The quality of your bag should be equal to the quality of the stuff that goes in it. While you must look smart and stylish on your golf course, a good-quality bag is always preferred over a good-looking bag.
If you have tried any of the bags from our list, or are planning on trying one, let us know about your experience in our comments section!