Our feet are the very foundation of our body, and hence with any sport, you need to take utmost care of your feet. If not, they will fail to give the necessary support and balance that is required to hit with the right swing speed. A fact that we all need to ponder upon is that many golfers have suffered knee-injuries due to improper footwear and posture.
As with many other sports, there are shoes specifically designed for golfers. Each shoe has its own functionality and features, but typically, all shoes help the golfer avoid slips and slides on the golf course. Some golf courses have ‘golf shoes required’ policy and also restrict some types of footwear on their course.
Our list below describes some of the best golf shoes available in the market that not only boasts of top-notch specifications but also perform as they promise. Here’s our pick of the best golf shoes:
The name that comes first when thinking about shoes is Adidas. From its humble beginnings at the end of WW1, it has now become a household name. The two essential things that make the brand successful is its use of advanced technologies and great design. Providing comfort to the user is the primary purpose of its shoes, and as our review shows, Adidas Men’s 360 Traxion is the shoe that perfectly fits the bill.
- Lightweight Microfiber Leather/Climastorm
- Synthetic sole
- Full-length bounce foam midsole
- Spikeless pure motion outsole
- Cloud foam EVA sock liner
Why Should You Use the Adidas Men’s 360 Traxion Golf Shoes?
Lightweight Microfiber Leather/Climastorm
To improve the overall performance of the shoe, the manufacturer has used microfiber material that is lightweight, durable, and highly comfortable. The Climastorm, as the name suggests, protects the shoe from all types of weather elements to keep it from getting damaged. Its waterproof feature lets golfers use it in rains too.
Full-length Bounce Foam Midsole
The midsole of the shoe contains foam material that gives players extra cushioning, comfort, and energy on the course. The midsole provides stability and helps protect the feet from sharp and hard objects that he may inadvertently find on the golf course.
The sole is spikeless, which gives versatile grip and traction to the golfer during swing shots.
EVA Sock Liner
The liner is made of cloud foam material that gives excellent support and cushioning to the golfer.
Let’s Review and Compare
- At 4 pounds, the shoe is a bit heavier than many other golf shoes, specifically the ECCO Men’s Biom Hybrid 2 Hydromax
- The shoe’s removable insole can be used for other purposes, like orthotics
- The climastorm feature increases the life of the shoe and adds to the comfort of the player
- Many pro-golfers do not like the spikeless feature as it potentially hampers the workability and flexibility during adverse weather conditions
If shoes are one of the essential equipment of a game, then the material that goes into its manufacturing is equally crucial. ECCO is well-known for its use of high-quality material and advanced engineering techniques. As a provider of premium golf shoes, it stays up to its promise and provides all it can to make the golfer feel comfortable in his game.
- HYDROMAX treated uppers
- TPU Sole
- Tour Proven Traction Constructed
- Technical Insole System
Why should you use the ECCO Men’s Biom Hybrid 2 Hydromax?
HYDROMAX Treated Uppers
The upper part includes a breathable Hydromax and anti-stain material that improves protection levels and provides additional cushioning and support to the feet. The yak leather is treated with the Hydromax process that makes it waterproof and stops it from hardening after drying.
The bottom of the shoe features a high-quality TPU outsole, which provides comfort when walking and improves stability during swing shots. As a spikeless shoe, it has traction bars that keep the golfer firmly grounded during swing shots.
Technical Insole System
The insole consists of circular rings to give additional grip to the feet and provides comfort while walking on rough ground or stony surfaces. To match the foot shape of the golfers, the engineers have designed the flat portion under the insole with biom contoured last that adds to the overall comfort level.
Let’s Review and Compare
- Due to the TPU outsole, the ECCO Biom is lighter than its predecessor and many other shoes, especially the Adidas 360 Traxion
- In terms of technology, the BIOM feature, or Biomechanical Optimisation technology is specially designed to mirror the natural foot movements of the foot and help in providing stability
- The TPU sole design gives a stylish look to the shoe and adds a level of extra firmness that is necessary while walking on the course
- Players who have feet issues and wear Orthotics, need to check the design to ensure that it doesn’t interfere with the Orthotics or any other wearable item
- Being a premium golf shoe, small and mid-budget players may have to hunt for other brands that may cater to their needs
While touted a gentleman’s game, golf has come a long way to become everyone’s game. Golf equipment indeed comes in pricey, but companies like New Balance are coming up with products that are packed with useful features at an affordable price. While relatively new, the brand has produced some excellent golf shoes, and it’s New Balance NBG1701 Spiked Golf Shoes is worth a try.
- 100% Microfiber Leather
- Rubber sole
- Eva midsole
- Champ slim-lock removable cleats
Why should you use the New Balance NBG1701 Spiked Golf Shoes?
As excellent hydrolysis and aging resistance material, Microfiber feels like real leather and gives durability to the shoes. It has high dimensional stability and is abrasion and corrosion-resistant. With its wear and tear-resistant features, golfers can look forward to using these shoes for a more extended period.
During rainy weather, the rubber sole of the shoe provides excellent traction, reducing the chances of slipping and sliding. The spikes of the shoe act as a great complement in providing the necessary stability to the golfer on the ground.
Champ Slim-lock Removable Cleats
The slim-lock cleats provide excellent grip on the ground and help the golfer in balancing himself during rapid directional changes. The cleats are equipped with studs that provide additional grip. These can be removed or replaced effortlessly if they get damaged.
Let’s Review and Compare
- Removable cleats are an excellent feature for players during the wet season
- Affordability is the best feature that attracts amateurs and beginners to invest in a brand that will go a long way
- The shoe is available in only two colors, which is quite less compared to the variety offered by other brands
- The shoe lacks some advanced technological features provided by other shoes like ECCO’s BOIM and Adidas’ Climastorm
The first parameter that a golfer needs in any shoe is its support and breathability. Golf requires much walking, and a shoe that breathes provides the right kind of optimal support to your feet. However, golfers don’t need to sacrifice style over comfort as the Skechers Go Golf Fairway Golf Shoe promises to give both.
- Goga Max insole
- Goga Matric outsole
- Lightweight 5gen cushioning
- Textile upper
Why Should You Use the Skechers Go Golf Fairway Golf Shoe?
Goga Max Technology
Skechers has used a technology that creates a supple landing area for the golfer while walking on the course in any ground conditions. The insole is soft enough to provide cushion and comfort and strong enough to ensure durability.
The midsole are designed with 5Gen technology that reduces pressure on the arch of the foot to avoid any injuries resulting from imbalance. The feature also adds flexibility to the shoe and ensures that the golfer can walk comfortably throughout the golf course.
Goga Matrix Outsole
The spikeless outsole is designed to provide extra cushion while balancing during tee shots. The outsole provides the necessary traction to lock your body on the ground in a way that you don’t move during fast swing shots.
Textile Upper Layer
The upper covering of the shoe has a mesh layer that covers the foot and keeps it fresh. It removed any odors and avoids dampness arising on foot, so the golfers’ feet can stay fresh throughout their game.
Let’s Review and Compare
- The Goga Max insole and outsole is an excellent feature that adds to the functionality of the shoes. The parameter sets the shoe at a higher pedestal than the New Balance NBG1701, which lacks advanced technological features
- Professionals who are fond of rigid and robust leather shoes would not prefer the lighter material of the Skechers Go Golf
- The construction of the shoe is such that the golfer will find it less rigid while walking on the rough. Unlike leather shoes that are stiff and less elastic, the Skechers Go Golf flexes naturally to give you comfort and ease while walking
- The breathable exterior is an excellent feature for those who have problems with excessive sweating on their feet
The quality of a golf shoe lies in its base, or, in some cases, its spikes. When we have a brand used by Jordan Spieth, then the concern for quality spikes can be put to rest. Whether it’s the weight or the feel of the material, the Under Armour Spieth 2 Golf Shoes is a definite improvement over Spieth 1, and as our review shows, the shoe is packed with technical features that are hard to resist.
- E Sizing built
- UA Smartweave upper
- Clarino microfiber leather
- GORE-TEX construction
Why Should You Use the Under Armour Spieth 2 Golf Shoes?
UA Smartweave Upper
The shoe uses UA smart weave that used TPU fibers to add comfort and support to the heels of the golfer. With this technology the heel section of the shoe has been strengthened to provide a firm grip and solid traction. The technology also gives a classy woven look to that area from the outside.
The outsole of the shoe is fitted with rotational spikes with removable cleats to improve traction for the golfer. This technology has been designed in consultation with Jordan Spieth, who usually faced the trouble balancing his body during his famous swing shots.
Clarino Microfiber Leather
The upper part of the shoe is made up of Clarino microfiber leather that is waterproof and breathable.
The GORE-TEX material is used to keep the shoe 100% waterproof. This helps those golfers who primarily play during the winter or rainy months.
- The shoe’s waterproofing material is a welcome change from its predecessor Speith One
- Under Armour is one of the only two brands that provide waterproofing to its show by using Gore-Tex technology
- The dual durometer sole with a flexible TPU section brings down the overall weight of the shoe (57 grams lighter) and makes it light and comfortable to wear
- Some golfers complain that the Smart weave section, while useful, is hard to clean if it gets muddy
- The six different color option of the shoe is better than the two-color availability of New Balance NBG1701
The golf shoes of our time are incredibly responsive and flexible. As you have read in our reviews, each shoe has been infused with cutting-edge technology that not only gives you the freedom to walk but the freedom to play and be better!
If you are on the golf course, you will come across sandy bunkers, rough grass, long fairways, and flat greens. Since standard footwear won’t suffice, every golfer needs to carefully ascertain his style, foot strength, and his budget to arrive at the best option. Our review helps you do that, and we would love to hear about your views and experiences in the comments section below.